The Montana State University Club Hockey Team and its supporting organization is dedicated to providing athletes with an opportunity to play ice hockey at the highest level possible, be challenged by the demands of high performance team sports while committing to support each and every student-athlete’s academic success. Work ethic, discipline, and balance are fundamental values our team members and staff strive to uphold on and off the ice.
- League: Mountain West Division of the ACHA
- Season: October through February
- Tryouts: September 25th and 27th
- Practices: Triweekly, two night practices and one morning practice
- Games: 30 games; 15 home and 15 away
- The MSU Club hockey program is a student run, non-profit organization that operates through player dues and fundraising. Ticket sales, sponsors, and grants from MSU also contribute to the organization’s operational costs. With the support from the Bozeman Amateur Hockey Association, the commitment from an experienced coaching staff, and our dedicated fans, we strive to be the very best that we can be and hope to win a national title.
- The MSU Club practices three times per week and players are expected to exercise regularly during both the regular season and off-season as well.
- As a member of the MSU Club Hockey time you will be part of a rapidly growing hockey organization. You will have access to competitive hockey, volunteer opportunities, and pro-deals from sponsors. Most importantly, you will be representing the MSU Bobcats on the ice in front of hundreds of your peers.
As a member of the MSU Hockey Club you will be representing your university in front of hundreds of fans. Aside from the feeling of winning in front of friends and colleagues there are other benefits of playing on the Bobcat Hockey Team.
- Free skate sharpening and 20% off any hockey related purchase at Play It Again Sports in Bozeman.
- 10% off of any purchase at Top Shelf Hockey.
- More to come…
Player dues vary by season and includes all expenses (jerseys, uniforms, hotel, travel, food, etc) and payment plans will be offered. Players should expect to pay roughly $2,400 and be responsible for $500 of fundraising.
ACHA D2 Eligibility
- Men’s Division 2 student-athlete shall be enrolled in a program of study leading to an associates, baccalaureate, masters, or doctoral degree as determined by the regulations of the university or college. Men’s Division 2 student-athletes shall be degree seeking, according to that school’s definition of degree seeking, and carry a minimum credit requirement of nine (9) semester hours (or the equivalent quarter hours) for undergraduates, and six(6) semester hours (or equivalent quarter hours) for master or doctoral candidates.
- Taken and Passed 9 credit hours
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better (any player in his first year of collegiate hockey does not have to meet this requirement until the end of year #1).
- Players in their final academic semester/quarter prior to graduation are not required to meet the required semester/quarter 9 credit hour requirement.